RED Scientific Limited (RED) is a long established, privately owned, independent consultancy. We provide technical, managerial and scientific support to a wide range of customers that include defence, industry and central government & its agencies. Our processes and procedure are accredited to ISO EN9001: 2008.
Formed in 1990, RED has grown from a niche operational analysis and modelling company into a broad-based consultancy supporting our customer’s domain and technical specialist requirements. RED’s current capabilities include:
- Supportability Consulting & General Support
- Operational Analysis & Modelling
- Investment Appraisal
- Systems Engineering & Software
- Autonomous Systems
- Information Assurance
In addition to our own technical staff, our available resources include a large pool of individual associates, teaming arrangements with other relevant organisations and strong links with a number of UK universities. This model allows us to combine the core attributes of a Small to Medium-sized Enterprise (SME) – customer focus, agility, flexibility and value for money – with the technical & specialist skills and footprint more usually associated with much larger organisations.
You can find out more in the working with RED section of the site, where you can also explore teaming options and apply to become a RED associate.
Who RED Supports
Our customer base includes central government departments, such as the Home Office, the full range of Ministry of Defence (MoD) organisations, such as DE&S, Dstl and the Maritime Warfare Centre, as well as a range of Government Agencies, such as WRAP and the Rutherford Appleton Laboratory.
RED operates primarily through Framework and Enabling Contracts; some of our current and previous major routes to market include:
- The MOD’s Framework Agreement for Technical Support (FATS) – RED has been a supplier on FATS since its inception in September 2005, at one time holding the largest footprint of any SME supplier.
- Dstl Frameworks and Support contracts – our key enabling contracts include:
- The PCS Strategic Think Tank Analysis Framework – We provided a range of OA support with our key partner the Royal United Services Institute (RUSI).
- The Analysis Support Construct (ASC) – Superseding Think Tank, RED is both a supplier and provides a Technical Lead to this multi-million pound framework.
- The R-Cloud – We support CBRN, Cyber, C4ISTAR, Platform Systems, Integrated Survivability, Human Capability and Counter-Terrorism calls.
- Defence Support & Logistics Research Programme (DSL) – RED’s projects included the Passive Proximity Warning system, which is discussed in a Case Study.
- Contingent Labor ONE (CL1) – RED provides Specialist, Niche and Subject Matter Experts.
- Niteworks Framework – run by BAe.
- Home Office Research & Analysis Services.
Further information on these and more can be found in the Sectors section of the site.