Who We Are
RED Scientific Limited (RED) is a long established, privately owned, independent consultancy. We provide technical, managerial and scientific support to a wide range of customers that include defence, industry and central government & its agencies. Our on-line Quality Management System is accredited to ISO 9001: 2015.
Formed in 1990, RED has grown from a niche operational analysis and modelling company into a broad-based consultancy supporting our customer’s domain and technical specialist requirements. RED’s current capabilities include:
- Supportability Consulting & General Support;
- Operational Analysis & Modelling;
- Investment Appraisal;
- Systems Engineering & Software;
- Autonomous Systems;
- Information Assurance;
- Operations Improvement;
- Business Early Warning.
In addition to our own technical staff, our available resources include a large pool of individual associates, teaming arrangements with other relevant organisations and strong links with a number of UK universities. This model allows us to combine the core attributes of a Small to Medium-sized Enterprise (SME) – customer focus, agility, flexibility and value for money – with the technical & specialist skills and footprint more usually associated with much larger organisations.
You can find out more in the working with RED section of the site, where you can also explore teaming options and apply to become a RED associate.
Who We Support
Our customer base includes central government departments, such as the Home Office, the full range of Ministry of Defence (MoD) organisations, such as DE&S Project Teams, Dstl, the Maritime Warfare Centre and the Air Warfare Centre as well as a range of Government Agencies and the Rutherford Appleton Laboratory.
RED operates primarily through Framework and Enabling Contracts; some of our current and previous major routes to market include:
- The MOD’s Framework Agreement for Technical Support (FATS5) – RED has been a supplier on FATS since its inception in September 2005 and hold the largest footprint of any SME supplier.
- Dstl Frameworks and Support contracts including:
- ASTRID the replacement for the Analysis Support Construct (ASC) which followed Think Tank, RED provides analysis and decision support services across four areas.
- R-Cloud – We support CBRN, Cyber, C4ISTAR, Platform Systems, Integrated Survivability, Human Capability and Counter-Terrorism calls.
- Public Sector Resourcing (PSR), the successor to Contingent Labor ONE (CL1) – RED provides Specialist, Niche and Subject Matter Experts.
- Digital Outcomes & Specialists (DOS5).
- Cyber Security Services (CSS3).
Further information on these and more can be found in the Sectors section of the site.