Serapis is a Dstl framework which provides access to a broad spectrum of suppliers for expertise in C4ISR (command, control, computers, communication, intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance) and space systems, synthetic environment and simulation technologies, particularly with respect to non-traditional defence suppliers, SMEs and academia. This is broken down into 6 capability areas or ‘Lots’; of which RED is supporting 5.
Lots supported by RED:
- Lot 1 – This covers the development and integration of new and emerging ISTAR ‘Collect’ technology and techniques into the wider defence and cross-government ISTAR enterprise, led by Roke Manor Research Ltd;
- Lot 3 – This covers the development, testing, and evaluation of novel Command and Control (C2) concepts and systems to improve sense-making, battlespace management, resilience and decision making, led by QinetiQ Ltd;
- Lot 4 – This covers the development of C4ISR communications and networks and will aim to exploit and drive emerging concepts and technology in military and civilian communications infrastructure, led by QinetiQ Ltd;
- Lot 5 – This is focussed on the development of synthetic environments, modelling and simulation, and associated tools, led by NSC Ltd;
- Lot 6 – This covers the development of data analytics and information processing tools and techniques in support of defence’s decision-making processes and techniques (covered in Lot 3), led by Fraser-Nash Consultancy Ltd.